Congratulations to the 3 dog-handler teams selected to represent Canada at the 2019 FMBB IGP World Championship!
- Christine Kisser with Campari vom clan der Wolfe, with 577 points
- Ann Hazlett with Dukati Betkin dvor, with 531 points
- Anthony Hartelaub with Dr Pepper Betkin dvor, with 523 points
The next FMBB World Championships will take place in Pisek, Czech Republic on May 8 to 12, 2019.
For more information will be published as soon as available.
TEAM CANADA IPO QUALIFICATION
For the 2019 FMBB Team, the selection will be based on a points system. CWBSA selection trials will be used starting in 2019, for the 2020 Team selection.
Candidates who qualify to represent the Canadian Working Belgian Shepherd Association (CWBSA) in the FMBB IPO World Championship must demonstrate the following:
1. Conduct that exemplifies good sportsmanship and self discipline.
2. A strong desire to attend the FMBB World Championship and represent Canada and the Canadian Working Belgian Shepherd Association in international competition
OVERVIEW / DOGS
1. Teams representing CWBSA at the FMBB World Championship are restricted to eligible Belgian Shepherd Dogs.
2. Dogs declared must have a FCI recognized scorebook.
3. The deadline to declare for the FMBB World Championship Team is January 1 of the same year the FMBB World Championship is held.
4. Competition is restricted to one dog per handler.
5. Declared dogs must be registered with a FCI recognized Breed Registry no later than the declaration deadline.
1. The handler must be a member in good standing, with the CWBSA, from January 1st of the year during which the qualification competitions occur (see "Qualification Process" below) and the year the event is being held.
2. The handler must be a Canadian citizen OR a permanent resident of Canada.
3. The handler / dog team must remain the same throughout the qualification process and the FMBB championship.
4. The handler is not required to be the owner of the declared dog
The following process will be used to select the 6 (5 + 1 alternate) dog-handler teams to compete for CWBSA at the FMBB IPO World Championship:
1. Having completed a club trial at IPO 3 level with a minimum of 270 points, and at least 80 points per discipline, since the last FMBB championship.
2. Having competed in a Championship* at IPO 3 level with a minimum of 240 points, and at least of 80 points per discipline, since the last FMBB championship.
- OR -
3. Having placed in the top 10 positions of the previous year FMBB or FCI IPO World Championship.
* Championships considered for the selection are:
From the dog/handler teams fulfilling these requirements, the 6 teams with the highest score in Championship will be selected.